I weighed more this morning.
So, I've got to take a deep breath and plan out today. It's going to be a hard day to plan because I'm going to a spaghetti dinner birthday party tonight. There will be chips and dips (I'm in charge of bringing them). There will be alcohol. There will be spaghetti and bread and salad and cake.
My Plan For The Party:
1. I can do without chips and dip. I'll just eat salsa with a spoon.
2. I will have
3. I'll have a skinny person fill my plate. I can have lots of salad and a skinny person's idea of a serving of spaghetti. (A skinny person's idea of a serving is MUCH different than mine.)
4. I can do without bread or cake.
Bread, cake, chips, dip ---- I like all that stuff but I really can pass on it.
It's the portion size of spaghetti that will get me. And the wine.
THOSE ARE THE DANGER ZONES!!!!!!!
My Plan For The Rest Of Today:
1. I don't want to go to the Y because my knee hurts but I'm going to anyway. I will walk one mile. That's all. No weights.
2. I'm going to start stuffing water down me now. To fill me up and flush me out.
3. I have a Lean Cuisine for lunch and I've had yogurt and coffee for breakfast.
4. I'll go home early from the party and crawl in bed with Mad Men on the computer.
I'm really trying to focus on what I'm WILLING to do - not what I SHOULD do.
I SHOULD just not go to the party. That would be safest. But am I willing? No.
I SHOULD just drink Diet Coke. That would be best. But am I willing? No.
I SHOULD just have salad. That would have least calories. But am I willing? No.
I SHOULD do an extra workout at the Y. That would help. But am I willing? No.
I think really trying to be honest with myself about what I'm willing to do - and then praying for willingness - is a key for me.
Thou shalt not should on thyself.
Any other ideas?